19990820: nldn feed to breeze.uprm.edu

>From: McIDAS <address@hidden>

Pete,

First, this is not being CCed to UPR.

>First... any ldm or NLDN questions can go to either David or I.  The
>address@hidden is an alias to both of us.  In fact the Unidata web
>pages could list both of us if you want.

OK, thanks for the information.

>As for the NLDN feed.  We have gone back and forth a couple of times on this
>issue.  They have asked us to switch their hostname at least 3 times.  The
>most recent issue was, I noticed these very problem on strikers logs and on
>July 2nd. I sent an e-mail to address@hidden.  Mike Nolan got back to
>me and had me switch the feed name from breeze.uprm.edu back to the previous
>entry of breeze.upr.clu.edu because of nameserver issues.  I pointed out at
>that time the problem with the reverse name lookup needing to be the same
>as the forward lookup.
>
>So my point is.... I need a *valid* DNS lookup hostname to put in our ldm so
>they can connect.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.  One of the problems at UPR is
that Karli has not been through any Unidata training so she (?) is operating
blind.  I am quite sure that UPR does not appreciate the fine points of
how the LDM and IDD work, so this must be frustrating from their side.

>Our current allow is for ^breeze\.upr\.clu\.edu$.  Just let
>us know if that needs to be changed.  Not a big deal at all.
>
>I hope this helps.

Your later change to ALLOW both names and IP addresses is what will work
until Karli can get the situation hammered out with the UPR networking
folks.

Again, thanks for your patience!

Tom