19990807: IP address change for LDM machine

>From: MURPHY <address@hidden>

Charlie,

>Our University is reconfiguring its networks
>and is changing our IP addresses.  My question is
>what is the required procedure to change the
>IP address of the machine that runs our LDM?

You should inform three groups:

o your upstream feed site(s)
o your downstream feed site(s)
o the UPC

It is always best to get an email confirmation from the up/down stream sites
that they have received your notification before making the switch, but
I think that everyone understands when things have to be changed in a hurry
(example of LSU doing a major switch with only a few hours notice).

>Thanks,

Tom