Re: FSL PROFILER DATA (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:40:19 +0000
From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>
To: Tom Grzelak <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: FSL PROFILER DATA

This may be a much simpler answer than you are wanting, but
we ingest the hourly summary and 6-minute data via the IDD using
the LDM from our upstream site.  As far as display, GEMPAK
has a good display capability, the one included with GARP
is easy to use.  However, I prefer the profiler data display capability
with McIDAS (version 7.5 or higher).  The PROFDISP and PROFSECT
commands (mapped parameters and standard T vs. Z profiles respectively)
are highly configurable and easy to use.  We have a profiler in our
backyard (NSBF in Palestine Texas) and use the data frequently.
I am currently in Ottumwa, Iowa and am using McIDAS to look
at the data around here via an in-house webpage using a simple
CGI script.

As far as using something more proprietary and complex, maybe someone
else has an answer.  My philosophy is if someone else has already
written software that works, why try to re-invent the wheel.

Hope this helps.

Robert Mullenax