Re: LDM: UIUC network outage (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:10:18 -0400
From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>
To: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>
    David Wojtowicz <address@hidden>,
    address@hidden
Subject: Re: LDM: UIUC network outage

Robert,

We've had just the opposite experiences here at PSC. We had many more
problems with the C-band than we have with the current KU-band (both
from Alden). The only times that we have had KU-band problems is when
snow/ice has accumulated on the dish and a broom takes care of that
problem. Although I don't claim to have the heavy precipitation that you
have in Texas, we have not had any other problems during our heavy
precip, dense cloud, or fog events.

It's been much more reliable than our receipt of DDPLUS over IDD due to
associated network problems (usually elsewhere). Since we are the
largest Internet user on campus, out IT folks have always been
responsive, even when I've called them at home, late at night, and on a
weekend.

                                Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: address@hidden
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2325