LSU LDM site changing address! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:58:46 -0500
From: "Alaric S. Haag" <address@hidden>
To: LDM User List <address@hidden>,
    IDD Relay List <address@hidden>
Subject: LSU LDM site changing address!

Folks,

I apologize for such a short-fuse notice, but it's been tricky
coordinating some of our network upgrade with telecommunications
anyhow. Our building has recently been outfitted with a new 100baseT
backbone, and will be served by a very high-speed ISP connection
to the vBNS!

I hope this doesn't cause problems, but since there are some
connection problems from here anyhow, I'm going to go ahead and
move sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu to our new network. This will require
CHANGING ITS IP ADDRESS. Our OTC has been notified to change it
in the nameservers, so it will be propogated as a name shortly.

For now, you should be able to reference the new IP address in your
conf files. The address is:

        sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu    130.39.188.220

and will take effect in a very few minutes.

Sorry for the interruption, but the performance we're already seeing
on the new net with other machines is quite encouraging!!

--
Kind regards,
Ric

[ Alaric S. Haag, Computer Manager   mailto:address@hidden ]
[ Southern Regional Climate Center              Voice: (225) 388-6438 ]
[ Louisiana State University                      FAX: (225) 388-2912 ]
[ Baton Rouge, LA 70803                       http://www.srcc.lsu.edu ]