Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:21:22 -0600
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: McIDAS <address@hidden>
Subject: 19990729: Unidata-Wisconsin (MCIDAS) products not being received
(cont.)

>From: McIDAS <address@hidden>

Karli (with CC to Robb Kambic),

re: you should now be getting the images in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream
>Yes, we are now getting the full complement, thanks!

I am glad to hear that things are flowing again.

>re: I thought that twister.millersv.edu was a failover site for you; true?

>Well, it may have been, but we'd been operating on it for quite a while,
>and starting July 15th communications had gone down altogether (as you
>can see in the following ping, and had been the topic of a previous
>discussion which took place a few days ago).

Yes, I do remember our previous conversation, but I never understood the
problem in getting data from Millersivlle.  After our first conversation
regarding you getting data from them, and several times since, I have
done LDM notifymes to Millersville to see what there status was.  In
all cases, the were up and functioning with a full complement of data.

>So we now need a new failover site:

>breeze 12% ping twister.millserv.edu
>ping: twister.millserv.edu: Unknown host
>[2]  + Done                 nedit mcidas/data/VANESSA.BAT
>breeze 13% ping twister.millersv.edu
>PING twister.millersv.edu (166.66.34.16): 56 data bytes
>36 bytes from voicenet-gw.customer.ALTER.NET (157.130.6.58):
>Communication prohibited for icmp_seq=0
>36 bytes from voicenet-gw.customer.ALTER.NET (157.130.6.58):
>Communication prohibited for icmp_seq=1
>36 bytes from voicenet-gw.customer.ALTER.NET (157.130.6.58):
>Communication prohibited for icmp_seq=3
>36 bytes from voicenet-gw.customer.ALTER.NET (157.130.6.58):
>Communication prohibited for icmp_seq=4
>----twister.millersv.edu PING Statistics----
>6 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
>Doing a trace revealed that the destination network was unreachable.

This seems like a router problem to me.  I am passing this along to
Robb Kambic (our LDM/IDD support person) for further attention.
Robb will either be able to help out in getting the above problem
figured out or in assigning you a different failover site.

>Thank you for you help,

You are welcome.

Tom