Re: problem w/ SSEC? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:44:40 -0500
From: Chad Johnson <address@hidden>
To: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
    address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Re: problem w/ SSEC?

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> David,
>

> > >  I'm stumped.  I'm still not getting anything and am still seeing
> > > the disconnect messages in my log.   The other data streams are
> > > all coming in fine to squall and I'm not seeing any errors on those.
> > > I remade the queue and restarted LDM as I did last night.  I also
> > > checked connectivity with SSEC again and like Chad reports,
> > > ping, traceroute, ldmping, etc all look fine.
> > >

> > Hmmm...data is flowing again now.
> > I'm glad of that, but I'd still like to know the cause of this sort
> > of problem.
> >
> I have that problem occasionally, too. I thought it was something goofy
> with my Internet connection. For instance, I'd get thousands of
> disconnects from my NLDN feed via striker, but if I shut the LDM and
> re-made the queues, it came back up fine. If I just shut down the
> ldm and re-started it, after a short time it would start doing that again.

At around 14:40 UTC (about an hour ago) I did shutdown and re-make my product
queue. Maybe that is what "fixed" the problem. Glad to hear you are receiving
data again.

-Chad

--
Chad W. Johnson                           E-mail: address@hidden
Programmer/Meteorologist                  Voice: (608) 265-5292