19990722: Unidata-Wisconsin (MCIDAS) products not being received (cont.)

>From: McIDAS <address@hidden>

Ric,

I have been working with the University of Puerto Rico on a data
receipt problem that they have been having recently.  UPR is requesting
the full complement of data from the University of Alabama-Huntsville.
They, in turn, are requesting feeds from you.  The problem that UPR is
having is that they stopped getting MCIDAS data products on July 15.

A 'notifyme' from Unidata to aqua,atmos.uah.edu indicates that UAH is
not getting any MCIDAS products from you (sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu).  A
notifyme to your machine, sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu, shows that you were
also not getting MCIDAS products from your upstream site.  Since your
MCIDAS feeder is the SSEC at the University of Wisconsin, and since
they definitely have the products (they generate the MCIDAS products),
it is apparent that you are either not requesting the products from
them, or that you are still requesting the products from
gold.ssec.wisc.edu, or there is some other problem.

Did you remember to switch from gold.ssec.wisc.edu back to
unidata.ssec.wisc.edu after SSEC completed their operating system upgrade?
If not, could you please do so now so that the downstream sites can
once again get MCIDAS products?  If so, could you please check your
LDM to see why it is not getting the MCIDAS products from SSEC?

Thanks in advance...

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Fri Jul 23 16:05:10 1999

Tom,

I am SOOOOO sorry....Things, both personal and at work, have been
pretty unstable, and the notice of the switchover eluded me...It has
been done, and the feed is up and seeing MCIDAS now. Perhaps the
better new is that we will be coming up as a NOAAPORT site soon. We
have received the dish and are awaiting one last piece to begin the
installation.

Again, I apologize for the lapse in service and will make every effort
to see that this sort of thing doesn't happen again!

Have a good weekend!

--
Kind regards,
Ric

[ Alaric S. Haag, Computer Manager   mailto:address@hidden ]
[ Southern Regional Climate Center              Voice: (225) 388-6438 ]
[ Louisiana State University                      FAX: (225) 388-2912 ]
[ Baton Rouge, LA 70803                       http://www.srcc.lsu.edu ]