19990716: ldm NOAAPort pattern

>From: "Earle A. Ripley" <address@hidden>

Earle-

>I'm running LDM 5.0 and didn't implement the filter (yet!).
>
>From address@hidden  Fri Jul 16 13: 10:16 1999
>With respect to your last message, how do I get and install the 'filter' to
>slow down the data stream?

Edit the file ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  In that file, you should have a
line that requests data from the upstream host:

(ie: request WMO ".*" sage.dri.unr.edu)

Comment out that line (prepend a # to the beginning) and add a new line:

request UNIDATA "(^[A-OQ-X])|(^[YZ].[^AHIJRU])" <upstream site>

replacing <upstream site> with the hostname of your upstream site.

Once you are done editing, save the file, then stop and restart the LDM:

ldmadmin stop

(wait for all processes to die.  run ps -eaf | grep ldm and look for rpc.ldmd
processes.  keep doing this until none are listed).

ldmadmin start

Then run:

ldmadmin tail

to check for errors and

ldmadmin watch

to watch the data flow in if there are no errors.

It will take up to 5 minutes (300 seconds) for the OS/2 system to reconnect.

If you are using ldmfail, you will need to make the appropriate changes
in each of your backup files as well.

Don Murray