19990715: Eta 32 Availability via CONDUIT

Karin,

At this time, we do not have the Eta being distributed on Grid 192.
Eta output is available on grid 212, 215, 216, 104 which admittedly
duplicates some of the data. The subset above was originally used
according to the demand as seen on the ftp servers at OSO.

I would like to see Eta data distributed on the native grid. One feature
of CONDUIT is to be flexible and provide the grids which the user
community needs while lessening the burden placed on the FTP servers at
NCEP and OSO.

I have investigated the Eta set being placed on the NCEP server which is a
filled grid #221 which results in 65MB files per forecast hour. The
staggered Arakawa grid should be more compact.

Do you currently download Grid #192 from OSO? If so, can you provide me
with the files you use, their location, and the parameters that
are of primary interest to you?

Thanks for your input,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support