Re: 19990709: duplicate products in the noaaport idd

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, William Noon wrote:

> Robb -- Does this account for the day to day variation?  I did notice that
> a lot of the duplicated products are SR.. products (SHEF encoded station
> data) that are event reporters.  Any idea on where the duplicates are
> generated?  --B

Bill,

I can't really tell, the NWS has "it's" own reasons for sending
duplicates. Office request a resend, maybe it's the old problem in which
the same product was sent over DDS and PPS, modification of the sending
programs, installation of the new Cray machine, etc.  Your guess is as
good as mine.

Robb...