Re: 19990709: duplicate products in the noaaport idd

Bill,

We inspected the NOAAport data stream and found out that there was 21k
duplicate products but the duplicates had different sequence numbers.  The
current LDM includes the sequence numbers in the checksum of  the product
so these products are considered unique and the LDM processes them, not
disgards them.  This was on the adgenda to eliminate the sequence
number from the checksum but since Glenns departure the schedule is
uncertain.

Robb...

ps That 21K figure was for a 24 hour period, almost 1000 products/hour
with an estimate size of 1 megabyte.