19990709: setting up ldm stats

1) check to make sure ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf has pqbinstats uncommented.
   By default, the ldm distribution has that uncommented, but check
   to see that you have not changed that.

2) If you haven't been sending you stats, your ~ldm/logs directory is
   probably stuffed with YYYYMMDDHH.stats files eating up your disk
   space...see it pays to send them in. If you're loaded here, I'd
   suggest removing all but todays files. Once dostats is running,
   it will limit the directory to the last 24 hours of stats.
   If you haven't set your hostname in ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin, do that.

3) In ldm's crontab, enter the line:

35 * * * * bin/ldmadmin dostats

This assumes that you installed the LDM under the home directory
of the ldm user as the installation guide showed.

Thats it....

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport