19990611: conduit data feed

>From: address@hidden (Celia Chen)

>We would like to get the CONDUIT data feed on IITA's
>LDM server iita.rap.ucar.edu in order to feed our
>local users.
>
>Our users are interested in receiving the MRF grid #3
>dataset as soon as possible.  Could you also provide me
>with the product header/pattern info needed for the
>pqact.conf file?
>
>Thanks you.
>
>Celia

The CONDUIT patterns are on the WWW page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/ncep_idd/

A simple MRF grid #3 only pattern suitable for piping to a decoder
like dcgrib would look like:

NMC2    mrf/mrf.*/#003/.*

If you want more control on writing the data using the original file name:
NMC2    mrf/mrf.(......)/drfmr.T(..)Z.PGrbF(.*) !.*/#003/.*!

The file name corresponding to the file as it resides on the NCEP computer
is the first part of the name. The individual grib products are identified
using field names separated by the ! characters.

I told Jim on the phone that I would enable iita.rap.ucar.edu
to feed from flip- which I did. You should be prepared for at least
300-350MB or MRF grid #3 data (both in disk space and your product queue)!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support