Re: Two questions... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:15:14 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Two questions...

Hi Rob,

> UIUC gets it's data from thelma, main IDD source and it's up and
> distributing data fine.  One can check IDD status on Web page:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/iddgeneral.html#status
>
> The details of the topology and data feeds and latencies are available.

Wow. A LOT of "UNKNOWN"s. Hmmm...didn't tell me anything...

> > Second, I am trying to send weather warnings to my pager, but I get a lot
> > of garbled and weird characters where there are spaces and carriage
> > returns. I'm running Linux Redhat 5.2. Any suggestions to get rid of those
> > characters?
>
> There's a -strip flag to eliminate control chars from products, ie
>
> WMO     ^CSUS02 KRAP ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>         FILE    -overwrite -strip /fore/data/gempak/climo

That worked. Thanks!
Question: who/what are the machines that inject NOAAPORT into the IDD?

Gilbert

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***