19990518: Garp and NIDS contract

>From: Brian Colle <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I have Garp running on my SUN workstation w/ Sol 2.6. I can
>only start one Garp session at a time even though there is plenty of
>memory and job processes left. Is there something I can do to
>fix this? Our Garp version on the DEC has not had this problem.
>
>Also, we here at SUNY-Stony Brook would like to receive the contract
>info to potentially receive NIDS data. I saw your pricelist on
>the web, but we were wondering the logistics to set this up.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Brian

>Dr. Brian Colle         INTERNET: address@hidden
>(516)632-3174
>Institute for Terrestrial and Planetary Atmospheres
>Marine Sciences Research Center
>State University of New York at Stony Brook
>Stony Brook, NY 11794-5000

Brian,

Are you launching Garp from the "ntl" launching bar?
Running ntl ensures that you have a common color table for all gempak
programs- including garp - to access. If you are just running garp
from the command line, then you will likely have trouble launching
a second session since it will try to obtain a separate color map.
With the shared color map, you should be able to launch several garp sessions.

The NIDS data is handled between universities directly with WSI.
Unidata negotiated the educational pricing, but the data is sent
directly from WSI to you and they handle all contract and billing.

Steve Chiswell