[GEMPAK #PAR-625269]: Gempak Installation on Ubuntu

Hi Rod,

re:
> I am trying to get GEMPAK installed on Ubuntu 18.04 but I am having
> issues in the installation process. Can you help me in this regard?
>
> I am trying to follow the instructions on this
>
> https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/gempak/doc/install.html
>
> but having issues configuring my system to make GEMPAK operational. Can
> you help me?

Because we no longer have in-house expertise in GEMPAK, the package has
been moved to community support (we lost our GEMPAK developer in a tragic
accident in late July, 2019, and the position will not be re-filled).

The best thing at this point is to send your request for help to the
address@hidden email list to see if there is a community
GEMPAK expert that can help you.

Given that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has been available for some time, it is
possible that one or more users in the community has figured out how
to build the package successfully on it.

You can (un)subscribe to any email list that we maintain online at: