[GEMPAK #QWQ-856050]: Source build errors on RHEL8

Hi,

re:
> I am trying to build GEMPAK on a RHEL8 system using gempak-7.5.1.tar.gz.
> The "make everything" runs for a while but then ends prematurely with these
> errors (see below).
>
> Would you have any suggestions on how to resolve the errors?

The errors shown in the snippet of the log output during your 'make' attempt
show that two libraries that are needed,
/scratch/GEMPAK7/os/linux64/lib/libxml2.a
and /scratch/GEMPAK7/os/linux64/lib/libxslt.a, are not being found which means
that they have not been built.  Somewhere previous to this must be log output
that should indicate why the build of these libraries fail.  Without being able
to see that log output, we can't guess as to why the builds of those libraries
failed.

Ticket ID: QWQ-856050
Department: Support GEMPAK