[GEMPAK #HAY-264992]: Creating Images and then Uploading

Hi,

re:
> Within the past year I've started using GEMPAK/CentOS so my understanding
> of these concepts that I'm about to ask about, I admit, is pretty limited.
> So forgive me for a couple of rookie questions!
>
> I've done a fair amount of investigation into developing/running GEMPAK
> scripts and I feel comfortable with that.  However, I'm not sure what the
> best way to automatically have these scripted images get uploaded to my
> website,
>
> My understanding is that the process could go like this
>

> 1.       Set up the image that I want to be created by a script which runs
> automatically via cronjob
> 2.       Save the image on my computer
> 3.       Have my computer upload that to my server via SCP...automatically
> via cronjob as well
>
> Does this sound reasonable or is there some time of "best practice" approach
> that would suite me better?

Your approach sounds completely reasonable.  Many sites do just this to create
content for their websites.

re:
> The other question that I have...
>
> I'm not too familiar with changing LDM pattern action to have nexrad images
> automatically created like you have in these examples:
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/nexrcomp/

The LDM pattern-action file actions shown in this page are used to
file products received by an LDM to disk.  They are not responsible
for creating the displays shown.  If you are trying to automate the
process of first filing and then running a script that will create
the visualization of the products, then you would add a second
action _after_ the FILE action that would run a script (presumably
a GEMPAK script) that creates the visualization.

re:
> and at the top of this page:
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/
>
> Any advice on how I can make those things happen on my website as
> well?  Or even just on my computer so that I can upload in a
> similar fashion the steps that I described above?

The specifics of the script you would write will depend on exactly
how you want to create the desired visualization.

re:
> Thank you very much for any assistance that you may offer!

It is very likely that GEMPAK users at other universities are already
doing exactly what you want to do, and they may be willing to share
the code and LDM pattern-action file entries that they developed.
The best way to find this out is to:

- subscribe to the address@hidden email list

  You can do this at: