[NOAAPORT #YLH-552435]: Models on NOAAPORT...

Hi,

re:
> Thank you for your response!

No worries.

re:
> I sorta inherited this data setup, so not sure if I just copy and paste
> what you sent earlier into my pqact.gempak file?

No for two different reasons:

- LDM pattern-action file actions need to have tabs for some of
  the whitespace

- the example actions I sent are ones we use for our THREDDS Data
  Server (TDS) setup

re:
> For example, here is what my current NAM grids look like:
>
> # NAM #212 40km grid CONUS
> HDS|CONDUIT     ((/mNAM|/mNMM).*#212|prod/nam.*awip3d)
> PIPE    dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_NAM212.log
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> #
> # NAM #215 20km grid CONUS
> HDS     (/mNAM|/mNMM).*#215
> PIPE    dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_NAM215.log
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> #
> # NAM #218 12km grid CONUS
> NGRID|CONDUIT   (^[LM].B... KWBE|prod/nam.*awip12)
> PIPE    dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_NAM218.log
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables

OK, these look standard.

re:
> And here is the one you sent, it looks quite a bit different:
>
> #
> # NAM Alaska 45 km (FROM NOAAPORT)
> #
> HRS     ^[YZ].(V)... KWB. ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9]).*/m(ETA|NAM)
> FILE    -metadata
> /data/ldm/pub/native/grid/NCEP/NAM/Alaska_45km/noaaport/NAM_
> Alaska_45km_noaaport_(\2:yyyy)(\2:mm)\2_\300.grib1
> #
> # NAM Alaska 45 km (FROM CONDUIT)
> #
> CONDUIT ^data/nccf/com/nam/prod/nam.(........)/nam.t(..)z.awipak.*grib2
> FILE    -metadata
> /data/ldm/pub/native/grid/NCEP/NAM/Alaska_45km/conduit/NAM_
> Alaska_45km_conduit_\1_\200.grib2

Again, these actions are ones we use for our TDS setup.

Here is the same/equivalent action for Alaska 45 km grids that we use
for our GEMPAK setup:

#
# NAM #216 45km grid Alaska
HDS|CONDUIT     ((/mNAM|/mNMM).*#216|/nam\.t(..)z\.awipak.*grib2)
        PIPE    dcgrib2 -d data/pub/decoded/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_NAM216.log
                -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/GEMPAK7/gempak/tables

re:
> I was hoping to find some full pqact file example on unidata github, but am
> having trouble finding.

The Unidata GEMPAK distribution contains LDM pattern-action file actions
that we use as examples of what end-users might want to do.

re:
> I was hoping I could just copy and paste what you
> sent, and the data would start writing to my drive. But
> given the differences in how they look, I'm not sure...

Have you investigated your GEMPAK installation?

Speaking of GEMPAK, are you running a current release of GEMPAK?
If not, it would be a good idea to install the latest release
so you can take advantage of new capabilities one of which
is support for GOES-16/17 imagery distributed by the NWS
in NOAAPort as tiles that need to be stitched together into
full scenes (coverages).  We will start making the reconstituted
images available n a revamped NIMAGE datastream is the near
future, so it would be a good idea to update your GEMPAK
installation before this update.

Ticket ID: YLH-552435
Department: Support GEMPAK