[GEMPAK #JGJ-128620]: Install issue NAWIPS 7.4.2 - "inflateValidate@ZLIB1.2.9" error

Hi Pete,

Have you tried to install and use the Fedora Core RPM?

rpm -ivh
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/latest/gempak-7.4.2-1.fc26.x86_64.rpm

For the source build, the message /usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16: undefined
reference to `inflateValidate@ZLIB_1.2.9 seems to indicate a conflict between
system libpng and GEMPAK libpng (built as part of extlibs).

What is returned by these commands:

1) ldd /usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16
2) rpm -qa |grep libpng
3) rpm -qa |grep zlib

> Greetings.  Installing NAWIPS 7.4.2 in FEDORA 27.   Following install
> instructions and after untarring, sourcing, installing all libraries, and
> executing a “make everything” per
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/install.html am receiving
> the error “/usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16: undefined reference to
> `inflateValidate@ZLIB_1.2.9’” which prevents the final compilation of about
> 18 key executables such as nmap2.   All other executables are produced and
> function as expected.
>
> Could not find any similar entry in the Support Archives related to this
> issue.  There are a few hits on Google but are too arcane or have no
> meaningful suggested solutions.
>
> The captured output and error log for “make everything” is attached as
> “me8.log” for reference (8 for “make everything - try number 8”)

Ticket ID: JGJ-128620
Department: Support GEMPAK