[GEMPAK #ROY-668075]: Question regarding relative vorticity calculation in GEMPAK

netCDF to GEMPAK is not a straightforward conversion:

from
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg03507.html

"The dcreanal program was written to convert reanalysis data
files which used the COARDS convention for storage in NetCDF.
If the files you have are not using the COARDS convention, then
the converter would have to be modified to the CDL of the
data you have. It is difficult to create a general NetCDF converter
since the storage convention is user defined. The best direction is
to create converters for common storage conventions like CF or COARDs."

additional info at
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg02684.html

I attached the source code from the second link but I can't speak for it
myself.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO