[GEMPAK #EOG-618772]: Wind arrows with with gdplot3 (reference size)

Hi Luis,

There is no such legend for wind arrow size in GEMPAK, I'm sorry to say.    The
closest way to visually show wind magnitudes with plotted arrows would be to
overlay labeled isotachs.

 GLEVEL   = 10
 GVCORD   = hght
 GDPFUN   = mag(wnd) ! wnd
 TYPE     = c        ! a
 CINT     = 2.5/5/20 ! 1
 LINE     = 18/1/2    ! 10-20
 WIND     =          ! am31/.7/1.2/112/.5

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

> Dear Unidata/Gempak representative,
> I am using the gdplot3 program to plot, among other fields, wind vectors as
> arrows. However, I am not sure to understand if the input parameter WIND
> is able to plot by using a reference size.
>
> For example, ask to display with respect to the 10 m/s vector. This way,
> in a panel with several displays there is a reference vector to compare
> all the wind arrows under the same 10 m/s reference.
>
> Attached is a display that was created with another software (not gempak).
> But it is similar (the 10 m/s reference) to what I would like to do with
> gdplot3.
>

> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> Thanks
> Luis M Farfán.