[GEMPAK #MLE-948410]: GRDHDR ignored

Hi Nathan,

Do I understand that you are interpolating the same grid three times, changing
the Horizontal Remap type flag on GRDHDR each time? And then comparing the
interpolated grid values and finding no difference?

The language on the GRDHDR man page (
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/man/parm/grdhdr.html ) suggests
that this flag only has an effect if you are interpolation from one grid
projection to another.  If you are interpolation from 1 to 4km on the *same*
grid projection, it would make sense that the flag is not applied.

Hope that answers your question.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

> I have been interpolating 1 km data to a 4 km grid using gddiag. I was
> curious if I would see any difference when changing the GRDHDR parameter.
> When computing the difference field between the 3 options, there are no
> differences found. Is this behavior expected or is the parameter being
> ignored?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Nathan Wendt
> Meteorologist, CIMMS/SPC Research Associate
> 2330 National Weather Center
> 120 David L Boren Blvd.
> Norman, OK 73072
> address@hidden