[GEMPAK #JOX-953146]: The installation of GEMPAK

> I'm trying to install GEMPAK7 onto CentOS and I'm having trouble
> understanding the instructions. The part I'm stuck on is under the Gemenviron
> / Gemenviron.profile section. When it says  the environmental variable
> $NAWIPS must be defined at the top of Gemenviron.profile, what does that mean
> and how do I do it?
>
> Thank you

Hi Patrick,

Notice on line 24 of the file Gemenviron -
https://github.com/Unidata/gempak/blob/master/Gemenviron#L24 - the NAWIPS
definition:

setenv NAWIPS /home/gempak/NAWIPS

This line assumes that GEMPAK was installed to the directory /home/gempak/, as
user "gempak". If you installed GEMPAK in another location (i.e.
/usr/local/gempak/GEMPAK7) then you will need to change this line to set the
environmental variable NAWIPS to the correct location.

This is for the file Gemenviron if you are using a csh shell (you can find out
by typing the command "echo $SHELL").

If you are using a bash shell, you should use the file "Gemenviron.profile"
which sets the same environmental variables as "Gemenviron" for bash.  NAWIPS
is defined on line 19 of this file:
https://github.com/Unidata/gempak/blob/master/Gemenviron.profile#L19

Michael

Ticket ID: JOX-953146