[GEMPAK #ZCI-126026]: ldm configuration for NEXRAD2 data

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the slow reply.  Our GEMPAK guru is on travel and likely does
not have Internet access, so I am stepping in to try and help you get going.

re:
> I have a new ldm installation (v6.12.7) with GEMPAK decoders installed
> (v7.1.1) and need configuration recommendations/examples for ldmd and
> pqact decoding of NEXRAD2 GEMPAK files.

I have attached an LDM patter-action file (pqact.threddsradar) and Perl
script (hhmmssRadarII.pl) we use for NEXRAD Level 2 (IDD feedtype NEXRAD2)
processing for our THREDDS Data Server.  You should be aware of the
assumptions that are included in these two files:

- the hhmmssRadarII.pl script is assumed to be located in the ~ldm/util
  directory

- the output directory for NEXRAD Level 2 files is
  ~ldm/pub/native/radar/level2/<radar>/<CCYYMMDD> directory

- the names of the output files look like:

  Level2_<radar>_<CCYYMMDD>_<HHMM>.ar2v

It is likely that you will want/need to modify where reassembled volume
scans are written; this will require modifications of the pattern-action
file actions and modifications in the Perl script.

Please let us know if you run into any snags.

Ticket ID: ZCI-126026
Department: Support GEMPAK