[GEMPAK #YSZ-834855]: GEMPAK

> - In NMAP2, I cannot produce any products (i.e. add points) to any map,
> whether it be over satellite, radar, model data, etc. Is this supposed to
> be the case or am I doing it wrong?

This is odd.  Are you able to load point data (SFC_OBS) independently of
satellite?  Are you seeing an error message at bottom-right?  Are you seeing
multiple products in the "Dominant Resource" drop down after adding point data?
 Please tell me in at much detail how you are trying to load product in Nmap2
and which products you are trying to load.

> - Nalarm will not open because /data/ldm/gempak/alarms//nawips cannot be read

We have a short Nalarm tutorial that shows you how to write alarm messages to
the data/gempak/alarm directory using the LDM.  If the LDM is not writing to
data/gempak/alarms/ there will be no data to load.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial_v2/nalarm.html

> - How do I get SPC outlooks into GEMPAK? I can't figure out how to get it
> into GPMAP, GDMAP, NMAP2, etc.?
>
> - and, in Nwx, any time I try to open an SPC product, (under the SPC
> Products menu) the application crashes.

Do you have a source of live data to ingest with the LDM?  In order to load
near real-time data in GEMPAK programs, you must have the LDM installed and
configured for the data types you desire.  The decoders write data to the
$GEMDATA directory which is read by all of the GEMPAK programs.

The GEMPAK LDM configuration page can guide you through this process:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/configuration.html

Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: YSZ-834855