[GEMPAK #VHK-900209]: About GFS

> The GFS data I'm looking for is just GFS. I've attached in this e-mail an
> image with the GFS data I want (These existing data is from INPE cluster.
> My GFS is empty (like the second attach shows), but I don't know what's
> going on.

From $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl, the alias GFS is shown as (line 388):
GFS          $MODEL/gfs                YYYYMMDDHH_gfs003.gem

Files must exist at $MODEL/gfs/YYYYMMDDHH_gfs003.gem for nmap2 to load the
product.  It turns out on my machines there are problem with 003/703 grids
being written by dcgrib2.  I made some corrections and have to watch the files
being written for awhile to know.  If you do not see any *_gem003.gem files,
that is why they are not in nmap2.  If you see *_gfs703.gem files, you are
having the same problems as me.    I'll let you know either way.

Michael

Ticket ID: VHK-900209
Department: Support GEMPAK