[GEMPAK #RGI-969779]: Gempak Decoders

> Hi Michael, I'd update my gempak to the version 7.1.0.
> I had to make the following links on table folder
> grib2.tbl -> dcgrib.tbl
> grib201.tbl -> grib2.tbl
> wmogrib201.tbl -> wmogrib0.tbl
> wmogrib203.tbl -> wmogrib0.tbl
> grib203.tbl -> dcgrib.tbl

As I said in the last message sent, these symbolic links are not required, they
are not necessary... the two symbolic links to dcgrib.tbl should be removed
since the tables are not the same format.

> And now the cosmo.gem was generated.
>
> However I was not able to display it on gempak
> I ran the gdinfo and I get this
> GRID NAVIGATION:
> PROJECTION:          MER
> ANGLES:                 0.0     0.0     0.0
> GRID SIZE:          601 721
> LL CORNER:             -49.90    -71.96
> UR CORNER:              14.90    -17.95
> GRID ANALYSIS BLOCK:
> UNKNOWN ANALYSIS TYPE
> Number of grids in file:   588
> Maximum number of grids in file:   5000
> [GDU 2]  Did not find any matching grids.

The "Number of grids in file" is 588, so this file does contain grids!  Check
the GDINFO input.  For new grids, to see everything inside, the GDINFO should be

GDDATTIM = all
GLEVEL = all
GVCORD = all
GFUNC = all
OUTPUT = t

> And then I tried to run the gdplot3 and I got this:
>
> GEMPAK-GDPLOT3>gdfile=/opt/gempak/GEMPAK7/desktop/cosmo.gem
> GEMPAK-GDPLOT3>r
> [GEMPLT -101]  NOPROC - Nonexistent executable.
> Error in message send = 22
>
> I take a look at my environments variable and is everything OK.

Was this run from the program source directory or install directory?  I would
double check that your environmental variables are correct, since NOPROC -
Nonexistent executable is a common runtime error in GEMPAK caused by
NAWIPS/Gemenviron not being sourced.

To confirm, type

cd
env | grep GEMPAK
which gdplot3

The "cd" is to ensure you move to your home (~/) directory to try to run the
GEMPAK programs.  GEMPAK is designed so that installed programs like gdplot3
reside in a directory such as /home/gempak/GEMPAK7/os/linux64/bin/ - and the
Gemenviron file, that should be sourced from .cshrc or .bashrc login files,
adds the directory /home/gempak/GEMPAK7/os/linux64/bin/ to your $PATH as the
variable $OS_BIN.    If the Gemenviron environmental file is not sourced, and
you have the programs gdplot3 in your local directory at the time, GEMPAK will

In order to load the grid in NMAP2, we need to add some table entries.  If you
can check on your environmental variables and the other commands above, I will
prepare the GEMPAK tables for the COSMO model and send them to you to try first.

-Michael

Ticket ID: RGI-969779
Department: Support GEMPAK