[GEMPAK #VBA-759926]: Building _gif programs in GEMPAK

> Rather than try to chase a problem that might be related to how the
> previous package was built, I went for a clean build.
>
> Everything seems to have worked for me.

I'm very glad to hear that!

> In the past, I didn't realize that the make target was "programs_gif"
> and I would try things like "gdplot2_gif" as the target.  That fails
> since the target does not exist in the makefile.
>
> Is there a reason not to build these programs as part of the default
> "make all"?

the command "make everything" will execute all of

make distclean
make all
make install
make programs_gf
make programs_nc

but will not execute make programs_gif because the _gif make is only available
for a select few programs, GEMPAK build is not designed to go through the
programs source code hierarchy for _gif builds.

A solution would be:

* edit $GEMPAK/source/programs/gd/gdplot2/Makefile
* change line 241 from

programs_gf: $(PROG_GF)

programs_gf: $(PROG_GF) ($PROG_GIF)

which will build gdplot2_gif during the "make programs_gf" portion of "make
everything"

-Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: VBA-759926