[GEMPAK #FWS-962579]: subscribe to GEMPAK

Hello Hussain,

GEMPAK is freely available to download as long as you register with our website
and log in.  To register, visit
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/account/account.jsp

to download GEMPAK. visit
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/

As for your questions, you should have no trouble using GEMPAK for the Arabian
peninsula, as long as you have data sources for the region such as surface
observations, satellite imagery and gridded models.  If you use the Unidata IDD
and LDM to receive data you will have those sources.

As for the finest grid resolution, the finest offered is dependent on the
model, not the software.  For example, the worldwide GFS 0.5 degree grids are
processed by the GEMPAK decoders and displayed by the GUI.

Hope this answers your questions,

Michael James
Unidata

> Hi Sir
>
> I would like to subscribe to the gempak, but i would like to know if it
> possible to use it for the Arabian peninsula. The second question is what is
> the finest grid resolution the software can offer. .
>

> Thanks
> Hussain Alsarraf, Ph.D
> University of Nebraska-Lincoln
> > Hi Sir
>
> I would like to subscribe to the gempak, but i would like to know if it
> possible to use it for the Arabian peninsula. The second question is what is
> the finest grid resolution the software can offer. .
>

> Thanks
> Hussain Alsarraf, Ph.D
> University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Ticket ID: FWS-962579