[GEMPAK #GFW-230601]: unable to plot satellite data which is in h5 format

Hello there,

I'm sorry to say GEMPAK can not handle the .h5 files natively.  What data
source are these files from? Are these NPP/VIIRS files?   As far as I know only
McIDAS-V has support for them.  Let me know and perhaps point me where I can
find an example file and I'll see where I can get for you.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hi,
>
> I am new to GEMPAK. I have followed the on-line tutorial and got many things
> running.
> I have plotted wind barbs, stream lines in the Indian ocean region using
> ECMWF wind data.
> Now I have to plot satellite data which is in h5 format. As i came to know
> that GEMPAK does not natively support h5 data (correct me if i am wrong), i
> have tried converting the h5 data to binary format using h5dump. Even then i
> am unable to plot as the format is not supported. Kindly suggest me a way to
> plot satellite data
>

> thanks and regards,
> P.Rama Krishna Phani.

Ticket ID: GFW-230601