[GEMPAK #NYV-863385]: Graphics package

Hi Dave,

GEMPAK is probably not best-suited for your needs, since it requires a
Linux-based system for installation.  The Integrated Data Viewer (IDV) may be
what you are looking for.  More information can be found at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/

As for cost, all of the software that Unidata supports is open source and free,
though some packages require that you sign up for an account on our website in
order to download.  There are restrictions on data access, particularly live
data streams.  US-based universities can access these data feeds for free but
private enterprise and individuals can not access them in the same way.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello,
>
> I am a meteorologist that writes blogs about weather. I am looking for a
> software package so I can annotate and make maps on my home computer. Is
> this something you offer and if so, what is the cost?
>
> Tx
> Dave
> 617-686-3879

Ticket ID: NYV-863385