[GEMPAK #QPK-495451]: Question

Hello Jose,

Yes, GEMPAK can do what you would like.  The program contains data decoders
(such as dcmetr) and plotting programs (such as sfmap) which can take a live
feed of data via the LDM and decode data to GEMPAK surface files as the data
files become available.

Some caveats: 1) the point data would have to be inserted into and upstream LDM
queue in order to be served downstream to another LDM client 2) the point data
would have to be in WMO format for the GEMPAK decoders, 3) GEMPAK requires a
number of libraries in order to be installed, so experience installing packages
(with yum and from source) is needed 4) You will need to familiarize yourself
with the LDM and GEMPAK decoders

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/configuration.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/index.html#installation
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/pqact.conf.html

-Michael James
Unidata

> Hello
>
> I am trying to find out if some of the UNIDATA products (gempak, etc)
> may suffice to deal with the problem we currently have: we have a
> meteorological data network with around 75 AWS. I wonder if Gempak or
> any other of your applications may allow us to generate high quality
> visualization products for the data arriving in real time to our server.
> These are hourly data and we expect to low the resolution to 1-minute
> data in the near future. I do thank any suggestion.
>
> Best regards.

Ticket ID: QPK-495451
Department: Support GEMPAK