[GEMPAK #WQC-603155]: GEMPAK gdprof

Hi Victor,

There is no check in GDPROF to *not* interpolate down to 1000mb.  This has
always been a small annoyance to me, since GDCROSS will use  HGHT@0%none (if
available in the model grid) to limit the lower extent of interpolation.   I
will have to investigate how easy or difficult it would be to add such
functionality to GDPROF, but I can't make any promises about when such a thing
would be finished.

Michael

> Unidata Support:
>
> Looking through some of the forecast soundings that we produce on our site
> with GEMPAK, it appears that gdprof tries to interpolate values from the
> model surface down to 1000 hPa regardless of location.  Is this a correct
> assumption?  If so, is there anything we can do to change such interpolation
> so it will stop at the model surface?
>
> Best,
>
> vg

> Vittorio (Victor) Gensini