[GEMPAK #JXR-865657]: Gempak 6.8 NWX having trouble reading directories under Centos 6

Hi Brendon,

I can confirm the problem and am working on a solution.  I thought it was only
a table update that was needed but after that I experience problems with
opening/reading sfstns.tbl.  Will update you with what I find.

Michael

> Hello,
>
> Attempting a new GEMPAK installation on a new box.  Experiencing issues
> with NWX very similar to what I saw back in 2009 (see ticket QDB-367266
> for referenece], getting errors like
>
> "ERROR scanning directory /path/to/ldm/data/gempak/hrly"
>
> and
>
> "ERROR opening/reading sfstns.tbl"
>
> when trying to look at METARs.
>
> Using the gempak-6.8.0-2.tar.gz tarbundle under Centos 6.4 64bit.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon
> --