[GEMPAK #KFI-720183]: GEMPAK on OSX

Hello Pavel,

I have heard of this happening before on OSX, ./configure for open motif does
not find the directory containing ftheader.h. I have made it work by moving
everything in (/opt/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ftheader.h) to
(/opt/local/include/freetype/ftheader.h) - basically down one directory to it
can be found in /opt/local/include - then rebuild with ./configure.  I imagine
"./configure --prefix=/opt/local/include/freetype2/" would work just as well,
as long as it doesn't prevent other necessary files from inclusion.

I have a different configuration for freetype on my OSX machine right now with
ftheader installed by the SDK, I think, so not available in /opt/local to test
this.  You should be able to give me a quick reply back if this works.  If not
I find explore other solutions.

Michael
Unidata

> I'm following instructions for GEMPAK installation for OSX and I've
> encountered an error trying to make openmotif 2.3.3.
>
> /opt/local/include/ft2build.h:56:38: fatal error:
> freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
>
> I have already installed freetype.
>
> Regards,
> Pavel