[GEMPAK #JZH-369433]: Decoders not working in fedora 17

Hi Kevin,

I would like to figure this one out.  How long did the error persist, how often
has it reoccurred and for how long?   The floating point error comes from code
which reads lat/lon from thunderstorm and tornado watches.

Michael

> I have been downloading the decoded watch and warning files from
> motherlode.  Last night I was able to use gpmap to plot the warnings and
> watches and create a gif image for them.  It was working fine.
> However....today as I am still using the same procedure I am getting an
> error message.  When I run gpmap to plot the watches I am getting  "At line
> 284 of file ggwcur.f   Fortran runtime error: Bad value during floating
> point read"
>
> When I try to plot the warnings I get this  "At line 424 of file ggwarn.f
> Fortran runtime error: Bad value during integer read"
>

> Not sure why it worked last night then today it is acting up.  i went into
> pqact.conf and commented out the entries for these decoders.  I thought
> maybe that was why I was able to actually plot the watches and warnings.
> But today is a different story.
>
> Don't know if you have any answers but I thought maybe this would help you
> trying to figure out the problem.
>

> Kevin

Ticket ID: JZH-369433
Department: Support GEMPAK