[GEMPAK #CDH-409468]: Gempak synoptic and metar decoder input formats

Hello Steve,

You should be able to run dclsfc without any addition options.  Based on your
use of a relative path name (os/linux64/bin/dclsfs) I'm going to guess that the
Gemenviron file has not been sourced to your shell.  If you're using tcsh/csh,
then you need to run

source /home/gempak/GEMPAK6.8.0/Gemenviron

for bash the equivalent is

. /home/gempak/GEMPAK6.8.0/Gemenviron.profile

With that done, I grab a raw synoptic report, copy it to my present working
directory, then run dclsfc like so:

dclsfc 2013060515_syn.out < 2013060515_syn.wmo

There is a delay of about 3-4 seconds, no output to the terminal, but I now see
the newly-written file "2013060515_syn.out" in this directory (approx. 1.8 MB).

Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: CDH-409468
Department: Support GEMPAK