[GEMPAK #RDZ-117428]: location of input files

Hello Michael,

GEMPAK radar programs use file and path name aliases defined in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl for and 3 composites:

NEXRIII      $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/%PROD%   %PROD%_YYYYMMDD_HHNN

The first entry is the alias name, the second the path, the third the filename.

$RAD is commonly the "nexrad" directory under $GEMDATA:

> echo $RAD
/data/ldm/gempak/nexrad

So an example of a full file/pathname would be

/data/ldm/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/YUX/N0Q/N0Q_20130605_1455 - Where N0Q is %PROD%
and YUX is %SITE%

Since I assume you are on a university machine, you might want to use our LDM
software to request the live NEXRAD3 feed, which writes each file to the
appropriate %SITE% and %PROD% directory under $RAD.   If you would like help
with how to set this up, feel free to ask.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello,
>

> I am a graduate student at Texas Tech working towards a Master's Degree in
> Atmospheric Science. For my research, I need to create National mosaics of
> composite reflectivity, and I am attempting to use the GEMPAK program gdradr
> to do so. I have already downloaded NEXRAD III data from individual radar
> sites from NCDC. I am wondering if these input files need to be in a specific
> directory in order for gdradr to work. Thank you for your time, and I look
> forward to your response.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Michael Hollan
>

> Hello,
>

> I am a graduate student at Texas Tech working towards a Master's Degree in
> Atmospheric Science. For my research, I need to create National mosaics of
> composite reflectivity, and I am attempting to use the GEMPAK program gdradr
> to do so. I have already downloaded NEXRAD III data from individual radar
> sites from NCDC. I am wondering if these input files need to be in a specific
> directory in order for gdradr to work. Thank you for your time, and I look
> forward to your response.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Michael Hollan

Ticket ID: RDZ-117428