[GEMPAK #DML-780139]: wrf and gempak

Hi Ibrahim,

You can plot both time series (meteogram) and skew-t charts using GEMPAK grid
files.

the program GDTSER can plot a time series of a scalar at a single level:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/programs_index?gdtser

and the program GDPROF can plot profiles of scalar or vector grids:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/gempak/manual/programs_index?gdprof

Have a read through the two manual pages linked above to familiarize yourself
with the programs and try them out with your WRF output, and let me know if you
have any follow up questions.

Michael
Unidata

> Full Name: ibrahim hadzismailovic
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.6.0
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
> I started to use GEMPAK to plot wrf-nmm model outputs. I am using the shell
> script implemented in the postprocesing softwer (WPPV3
> runwrfposteandgempak)and it is ok. How can I plot meteograms and skew-t
> diagrams with same data? Do I need to convert *.gem or *grd to surface data
> first?? How?? Thanks and regards.

Ticket ID: DML-780139
Department: Support GEMPAK