[GEMPAK #CMQ-890445]: gempak5.11.4 fedora17

Hi Jared,

I see a missing header file for the PNG library, line 1126 in the log file:

xpng.c:4:17: fatal error: png.h: No such file or directory

The png.h file should be provided in $OS_LIB/include/ from the build of
$NAWIPS/extlibs/PNG/

It seems that the file is not available because the build is incomplete, as
your log file indicates that you've previously run "make all".

My suggestion is to rebuild completely, cd to $NAWIPS and issue the command
"make distclean" and then "make all >& make.out" and check the make.out file.
If all looks good, a "make install" should have you ready to use GEMPAK.

Michael James
Unidata Support

> GEMPAK Support,
>

> I'm kind of a novice at linux so installing gempak on fedora17x86 has
> been giving me trouble. Keep getting errors. Attached is my make.out
> file. If you could help (and you might need to provide more detailed
> instructions do to my low level of experience).
>
> Thank You,
> Jared Marquis

Ticket ID: CMQ-890445
Department: Support GEMPAK