[GEMPAK #SYG-598265]: I need help to installing gempak6.6.0

Hi Victor,

All of the environmental variables needed for the build and use of GEMPAK are
defined in the file ~gempak/GEMPAK6.6.0/Gemenviron (for csh/tcsh) or
~gempak/GEMPAK6.6.0/Gemenviron.profile (for bash).

Before the build, you need to source this file to make use of them.

for csh/tcsh: "source Gemenviron"
for bash: ". Gemenviron.profile"

I recommend adding a line to the gempak user's .cshrc or .bashrc file so the
GEMPAK envar file is sourced on login.

You can check that this is successful by issuing the command "env | grep
GEMPAK" to see the variables have been defined.  After that, continue with the
build "make all" following by "make install"

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Full Name: Victor Rojas
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: GEMPAK6.6.0
> Operating System: OPENSUSE
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Have a nice day.
>
> I'm installing gempak6.6.0 in opensuse 12 and ubuntu 11.04.
> I have downloaded installers of http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak
> and
> I am following step by step installation guide which is available on the
> former site.
> I created the directory /home/gempak/GEMPAK6.6.0/
> Please i need more details on the passage of Sourcing Environmental Variables.
>
> $NAWIPS as defined above
> $GEMPAK points to $NAWIPS/gempak
> $GEMTBL points to $GEMPAK/tables
> $OS_BIN points to $GEMPAK/os/$NA_OS/bin
> $OS_LIB points to $GEMPAK/os/$NA_OS/lib
> $GEMMAPS points to $GEMPAK/maps
> $GEMDATA points to /data/ldm/gempak
> $NA_OS is determined by Gemenviron (linux, linux64, x86, SunOS, Darwin, etc. )
> Following folders where I have to create
> them:GEMTBL,OS_BIN,OS_LIB,GEMMAPS,GEMDATA.
> Which means the following: $GEMPAK/os/$NA_OS/lib
>
> I could provide a basic tutorial as a guide for compiling, running.
>
> Best regards

Ticket ID: SYG-598265
Department: Support GEMPAK