[GEMPAK #KCO-192976]: Fortran runtime error when running DC decoders

Hi Dan,

I'm finding some chatter online about incompatibilities with gfortran > 4.5,
and fc17 used 4.7, I believe, so it's likely the cause.  I need to build
against gfortran 4.6 and/or 4.7 to test this and will get back to you when I do.

Michael

> Support,
>
> I've downloaded and installed GEMPAK 6.6.0 and have run into some problems
> when using any of the DC decoder programs.  In the past, I have been able
> to download watches/warnings/winter storm warnings/hurricane products from
> the NWS TGFTP server and decode them without a problem.  I've essentially
> been following the procedures outlined in this post:incompatabilities
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/gembud/2007/msg00056.html
> However I'm seeing the following error any time I try and decode anything:
>
> [dan@leins /tmp]$ cat warning | /home/dan/scripts/addfos.csh | dcwarn -c
> 120626/0318 warning.gem
> At line 74 of file wnout.f (unit = 11, file = 'warning.gem')
> Fortran runtime error: Sequential READ or WRITE not allowed after EOF
> marker, possibly use REWIND or BACKSPACE
>
> For what it's worth, I built V6.6.0 at the same time I migrated to Fedora
> 17.  I was running V6.2.0 in Fedora 10 without a problem, so I'm not sure
> if this is a Fedora problem, or a Gempak issue.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks!
> Dan Leins
>

> Support,
>
> I've downloaded and installed GEMPAK 6.6.0 and have run into some problems
> when using any of the DC decoder programs.  In the past, I have been able
> to download watches/warnings/winter storm warnings/hurricane products from
> the NWS TGFTP server and decode them without a problem.  I've essentially
> been following the procedures outlined in this post:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/gembud/2007/msg00056.html
> However I'm seeing the following error any time I try and decode anything:
>
> [dan@leins /tmp]$ cat warning | /home/dan/scripts/addfos.csh | dcwarn -c
> 120626/0318 warning.gem
> At line 74 of file wnout.f (unit = 11, file = 'warning.gem')
> Fortran runtime error: Sequential READ or WRITE not allowed after EOF
> marker, possibly use REWIND or BACKSPACE
>
> For what it's worth, I built V6.6.0 at the same time I migrated to Fedora
> 17.  I was running V6.2.0 in Fedora 10 without a problem, so I'm not sure
> if this is a Fedora problem, or a Gempak issue.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks!
> Dan Leins

Ticket ID: KCO-192976