[GEMPAK #AMW-693522]: DCGRIB & RAP Fields

Hi Victor,

What GEMPAK version are you using?  I can't say much off the top of my head
because I'm able to decode the grib2 RAP #236 files without error (downloaded
from NCEP NOMADS).  I dropped back to GEMPAK 5.11.4 to see if it may be a grib
table issue but decoding was fine then as well.

Maybe we're using two different files?  Can you point me to where I can find
the exact files you're using?

Michael James
Unidata

> GEMPAK Support:
>
> I am trying to use DCGRIB2 to decode fields from the newly implemented
> RapidRefresh (236/40 km grid) model from NCEP.  However, I am getting the
> following error:
>
> [6544] 120509/2103[DCGRIB 1] Grid navigation 151.000000 113.000000 LCC
> incompatible with file
>
> Do I need to get a new grib table decoder?  I do remember hearing that this
> grid is different because it is rotated.  Perhaps it hasn't been tested with
> GEMPAK yet? Either way, I'm sure it's an easy fix.  Thanks for your help .
>
> vg

> Victor A. Gensini
> Ph.D. Student, Research & Teaching Assistant
> Climatology Research Laboratory
> Department of Geography
> University of Georgia
> Home: http://vgensini.myweb.uga.edu