[GEMPAK #SGQ-492276]: nmap2 Data Selection Window segmentation fault

Hi Jordan,

I was able to reproduce this problem with NMAP2, but rather than any one
directory exceeding a limit, it's the entire directory path to where a data
file resides that has reached this limit.  I'm curious what exactly your
satellite image directory structure looks like, as you're the first GEMPAK user
I've encountered who ran into this problem.

Michael

> Hello,
>
> We compiled GEMPAK6.4.0 on the 32-bit RHEL5.7 OS.  While using the Data
> Selection Window in nmap2 to peruse the satellite directories that we
> established on our system with GEMPAK 5.11.4, we noticed that
> directories with character lengths over approximately 72 characters are
> resulting in a segmentation fault when selected to populate the data
> window with the valid times.  We compile our software with g77.
>
> Are you aware of anything that would cause this or how this can be
> resolved?  I can provide a system trace if possible.  I looked at
> options to the compiler that might regulate the FORTRAN dialect, but
> cannot find any that might be offending or correcting.  I noticed there
> are some minor changes to the C and F options between the gfortran and
> g77 common Makefiles. Any insight you can provide would be appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Jordan Gerth
> CIMSS/SSEC - Madison, WI

Ticket ID: SGQ-492276