[GEMPAK #WON-762576]: nmap2 segfault when viewing NIDS data

Hi Dan,

What OS version is this system?

For the rebuild with the 6.2 source file, did you first remove $OS_LIB/nmap2.a
before rebuilding?  The sequence you want to follow is:

cd $GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nmap2/
rm $OS_LIB/nmap2.a
make clean;make all;make install

> All,
>
> I recently installed GEMPAK 6.4.0 in order to view dual-pol NIDS data.
> Everything built as expected, I also compiled GARP without any issues.
> When running nmap2 and attempting to load NIDS data (any form of data,
> N0Q, N0S, N0V, etc...), the program will segfault as soon as I click on
> "N0Q", "N0S", "N0V", etc...  I am able to load satellite data, surface
> data, and even NEXRCOMP 1km N0R data. without a problem.  I am also able to
> load NIDS data using GARP, at the very least that allows me to rule out
> corrupt radar data.
>
> Searching through the archives, I found a similar problem (
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/gembud/2011/msg00210.html).
> The suggestion seemed to indicate I should rebuild nmap2 using a 6.2
> version of nmap_dslw.c. I tried this but this didn't solve the problem.
>
> I ran nmap2 through gdb to capture the output. Here's the output using the
> 6.4 version of nmap_dslw.c:
>
> *Starting program: /usr1/GEMPAK6.4.0/gempak/source/programs/gui/nmap2/nmap2
> Finished reading tables...
> [New Thread 0xb7fd4700 (LWP 7144)]
> Resource File:  /usr1/GEMPAK6.4.0/resource/Nmap

> 0x00a007e4 in strncpy () from /lib/libc.so.6*
>

> And using the 6.2 version of nmap_dslw.c:
>
> *Starting program: /usr1/GEMPAK6.4.0/gempak/source/programs/gui/nmap2/nmap2
> Finished reading tables...
> [New Thread 0xb7fd4700 (LWP 7429)]
> Resource File:  /usr1/GEMPAK6.4.0/resource/Nmap

> 0x00a007e4 in strncpy () from /lib/libc.so.6*
>
> *
> *
>
> Any idea what else I can try to get NIDS working within nmap2?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Ticket ID: WON-762576
Department: Support GEMPAK