[GEMPAK #YMZ-692829]: Gempack

Hi Steve,

Unidata provides GEMPAK at no cost, but the software is only supported on
Unix-type systems (Linux, SunOS, Mac OS X and others).  While there has been
some success in the past compiling on Windows system, such a task requires the
Cygwin software interface, and the steps to making GEMPAK work in such an
environment are numerous and not straight-forward at all, which is why we have
decided against offering a package and support for Windows.

Not the answer you were hoping for, I imagine, but GEMPAK/NAWIPS really is a
Unix-system-only piece of software.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello sir or mam.
>
> Ive been wanting this program for ever. But havent been able to figure
> out hot to code this program and if this program will work with windows
> vista ultimate. I did find a website that offers Gempack for like
> 120.00. But im not shure if this is liget but it says it works with
> windows vista. Now with this being said, If you guys say no this only
> works with linuk seystems, can u also do one for windows. Also can u
> make this program ready so we dont need to do a ton of stuff to make
> this program work.
>
> Also if u do offer this for windows were do i find
> this?
>
> Here is the website for Gempack that i found for $120.00
>
> http://skywatch.org/gempak/gempak.htm
>
> Please help as i would love to have this program but i have windows
> vista ultimate. And like i mentioned if its only for linux can u make
> it for windows as well.
>
> Thanks Steve

Ticket ID: YMZ-692829
Department: Support GEMPAK