[GEMPAK #DVT-585684]: uv wind problem with 4km NCEP NAM

Hi Arthur,

Just decoded the attached file with dcgrib2 and ran gdcntr with the same
definitions and i'm not experiencing any seg fault, and the data are displaying
fine, or as fine as VREL will contour.

Strange behavior you're reporting.  How are the data corrupt in 5.10.3, and do
you perhaps have a core file available from the segfault?

Tested on OS X gempak 6.3.0 build.

-mj

> Hi...
>
> We're trying to decode/use the U/V winds from the 4km NAM para version but
> the V component is coming out either corrupt (gempak 5.10.3) or
> undisplayable with a seg fault (gempak 6.2.0).  I've attached an input
> grib file which we used for an example and the below script used to test
> it.  The U component works fine.
>
> #!/bin/csh -x
>
> gdcntr << EOF
> PROJ    = NPS
> GAREA   = UNV
> GLEVEL  = 10
> GVCORD  = HGHT
> GDFILE  = data/gempak/model/nam/2011100512_nam227.gem
> GFUNC   = VREL
> DEVICE  = XW
> CINT    = 3
> LINE    = 7/1/2/2
>
> EOF
>
> Could you try this on a system at Unidata to see if the results are
> similar and whether there could be a bug somewhere?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Ticket ID: DVT-585684
Department: Support GEMPAK