[GEMPAK #EFQ-389139]: GEMPAK free availability?

Hi Tim,

There is no anonymous download available for GEMPAK, but the package is freely
available (as source code) from Unidata and can be downloaded if you register
with our website.  Registration is a requirement of the distribution agreement
between the Unidata Program Center and NOAA/NCEP, which provides the package to
us.

After registering, you can download the package from

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/index.jsp

And no further "participation" is required, though if you have questions about
installing or using GEMPAK, please feel free to contact us again.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata Support Staff

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in obtaining the source code of GEMPAK without need
> for support from, or desire to participate in any program run by,
> Unidata/UCAR.
>
> From the *participation policy *on
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/legal/participation.html:
>
> "GEMPAK and GARP software are freely available (full source code) to
> any individual or institution."
>
> Can you tell me where this code is freely available, without any
> registration requirement or other obstacle to free and anonymous download?
>
> Thank you,
> Tim Kissane

Ticket ID: EFQ-389139
Department: Support GEMPAK